Saturday 8 September 2018

Courtois feels 'sad' after Chelsea fans' anger at Real Madrid move

Thibaut Courtois admits he feels "sad" about 
how some Chelsea fans have turned against 
him following his transfer to Real Madrid.
The 26-year-old was at Chelsea for seven 
seasons - though the first three were spent on
 loan at Atletico Madrid - before leaving for 
Real in a £35m deal over the summer.

The Belgium international revealed he made 
his decision to leave in March and explained 
that is part of the reason he delayed reporting 
back to Chelsea following the World Cup.
When asked about some Chelsea fans feeling 
angry about the manner of his exit, Courtois 
said: "It makes me feel sad and obviously they 
don't know all the truth.

"I think in March the decision was already 
made and I thought the club would accept it.
"Then because the transfer was closed I did 
not show up because I thought it better not to 
disturb the team and the squad.

"If I did go there maybe, I didn't want to be 
toxic, so obviously it is a pity because I love 
Chelsea.

"I loved playing there and I am happy to have 
won two Premier Leagues, a league cup and 
an FA Cup.
"Hopefully it will turn around."
Courtois recently claimed "the level [at Real 
Madrid] is higher than at Chelsea", but he says
 he never meant to disrespect his former club.

"Obviously you get some things in the media 
like I said there was not enough quality at 
Chelsea," Courtois said.

"I never meant that. I just said maybe in 
training it goes a little bit faster but that is 
also 

the quality of Real Madrid - that is not saying 
Chelsea does not have quality."

Courtois says a big factor in his decision to 
leave for Real was the opportunity to be closer
 to his two children, who live in Madrid with his
 ex-girlfriend, and he hopes Chelsea fans can
 understand that.

"I will always look back with a happy feeling to 
Chelsea," Courtois added. "I had a chance to 
go back to Spain to be closer to my kids. That
 was an important thing for me.

"I know that a lot of Chelsea fans will 
understand my decision. I wish them the best 
and I am happy to see that they have won their
 first four games and I hope they can go on
 and win the league."

No comments:

Post a Comment

SUNDAY JATO REAL AGE

 SUNDAY JATO REAL AGE Sunday Jatto Real Name The lengthy introduction I provided at the beginning of this post states that Sunday Jatto’s re...